Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Short Ride in a Fast Machine - John Adams

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PCInspector
PCInspector

Number of posts : 20
Warning :
Short Ride in a Fast Machine - John Adams Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Short Ride in a Fast Machine - John Adams Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-17

Short Ride in a Fast Machine - John Adams Empty
PostSubject: Short Ride in a Fast Machine - John Adams   Short Ride in a Fast Machine - John Adams Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:50 pm

Short Ride in a Fast Machine (Fanfare for Great Woods) is a musical piece composed by John Coolidge Adams.
The piece has now become one of the most frequently requested and
performed encores in American concert-halls. It was commissioned by the
Great Woods Festival for the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra's opening concert led by American conductor Michael Tilson Thomas at Great Woods in Mansfield, Massachusetts on 13 June 1986. The music consists of a succession of chordal passages against a consistent beat on wood blocks, and gives the impression of a single long-delayed cadence.
It has three times been scheduled for inclusion in the Last Night of the Proms in the UK.
On the first two occasions it was removed from the concert as it was
felt to be inappropriate: first in the wake of the death of Diana, Princess of Wales in 1997, and four years later just days after the September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attack. Finally it was heard at the Blue Peter Prom on July 26, 2004.

P.S. This is what I have to play in Wind Symphony
Back to top Go down
http://free.avg.com/
Redwiz
Administrator
Administrator
Redwiz

Number of posts : 22
Antivirus : None
Warning :
Short Ride in a Fast Machine - John Adams Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Short Ride in a Fast Machine - John Adams Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Short Ride in a Fast Machine - John Adams   Short Ride in a Fast Machine - John Adams Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:47 pm

Aaron stop bragging we don't care. And ha you copied the description from someplace.

Also, I think it would be appropriate for those two occasions, but offensive in a joking sense (short ride in a fast machine, both deaths involved moving in a fast machine, either car or plane [not sure about the car part, I'll confirm], and a short ride is like how they died, cutting their trips short). Just something interesting I noticed.
Back to top Go down
http://codecoke.darkbb.com/index.htm
PCInspector
PCInspector

Number of posts : 20
Warning :

PostSubject: Re: Short Ride in a Fast Machine - John Adams   Short Ride in a Fast Machine - John Adams Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 4:04 pm

Yes I know I copied the description from somewhere else you don't need to let me know. And I am not bragging, I am just letting people know of one of the songs I am playing.
Back to top Go down
http://free.avg.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short Ride in a Fast Machine - John Adams   Short Ride in a Fast Machine - John Adams Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Short Ride in a Fast Machine - John Adams
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Entertainment Center :: General Talk-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com