Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why isn't Mozilla Firefox connecing to any websites, but Internet Explorer is?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gtf24

Number of posts : 1
Warning :
Why isn't Mozilla Firefox connecing to any websites, but Internet Explorer is? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Why isn't Mozilla Firefox connecing to any websites, but Internet Explorer is? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-04

Why isn't Mozilla Firefox connecing to any websites, but Internet Explorer is? Empty
PostSubject: Why isn't Mozilla Firefox connecing to any websites, but Internet Explorer is?   Why isn't Mozilla Firefox connecing to any websites, but Internet Explorer is? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 4:59 pm

It all started when I deleted Norton Anti-Virus from my computer before downloading McAfee. When I went to download McAfee, it said it could not connect to the internet, even though I had gotten to that point through the internet using Internet Explorer. However, Firefox could not connect to any websites. I tried a System Restore, restarting my computer, reinstalling Firefox, but I still get the same message when I try to download McAfee, and Firefox will still not connect to any websites.
Back to top Go down
Leader
Webmaster
Webmaster
Leader

Number of posts : 77
Warning :
Why isn't Mozilla Firefox connecing to any websites, but Internet Explorer is? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Why isn't Mozilla Firefox connecing to any websites, but Internet Explorer is? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-17

Why isn't Mozilla Firefox connecing to any websites, but Internet Explorer is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why isn't Mozilla Firefox connecing to any websites, but Internet Explorer is?   Why isn't Mozilla Firefox connecing to any websites, but Internet Explorer is? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 5:05 pm

I am guessing that McAfee has a firewall that blocks all codes made by Firefox. I would suggest you would stick with Internet Explorer.

If you still want Mozilla Firefox, can you please submit some screenshots of the error and tell us what version of McAfee and Mozilla Firefox you are using.
Back to top Go down
https://computeam.forumotion.com
Ruby One
Tech Staff
Tech Staff

Number of posts : 17
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Why isn't Mozilla Firefox connecing to any websites, but Internet Explorer is?   Why isn't Mozilla Firefox connecing to any websites, but Internet Explorer is? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:12 pm

This may be a new slant on Norton and the effects of how to uninstall it ; may one ask if you disabled Norton and used the Norton removal tool to remove it ??

You may wish to note for future adventures in that area to take the option, before trying to uninstall your antivirus program ( in this case Norton), to download the exe for your new antivirus program??
(i.e. HAS Norton been completley uninstalled or is it still lurking on the computer and causing problems )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why isn't Mozilla Firefox connecing to any websites, but Internet Explorer is?   Why isn't Mozilla Firefox connecing to any websites, but Internet Explorer is? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why isn't Mozilla Firefox connecing to any websites, but Internet Explorer is?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Technical Support Forums :: Networking Forum :: Networking Support-
Jump to:  
Free forums hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com